Applicants need to meet the following admission criteria:
- The IMMIT program is open to students with a Bachelor’s or equivalent undergraduate degree (180 ECTS) either in Management, Economics, Business Administration or in Computer Science/Information Systems. Students with an engineering degree can be admitted if their previous education includes IT and information systems.
- A satisfactory scholastic average – a minimum of 3.0 (B) grade-point average (7/10) – in course work completed during the Bachelor’s degree.
- Students in the last year of their Bachelor’s studies are very welcome to apply for admission. The Selection Committee can tentatively admit the student based on a transcript of his/her academic record and the expected date of graduation, together with an official letter from their home university stating that the student will have completed the degree in due time.
- The IMMIT program is primarily aimed at fresh Bachelor’s graduates with no more than a few years work experience. Based on our experiences, the program content may be less relevant for those applicants with a substantial amount of work experience.
GMAT or GRE General test
It is compulsory for this program to submit your GMAT or GRE General Test score
- The average GMAT score of accepted students is around 600.
- On the GRE test, our incoming students usually score above the 75% percentile on the quantitative section.
- For the IMMIT program these scores are not an absolute, we always look at the complete profile of the candidate. So students with lower test scores are kindly invited to apply.
- Please note that it is not obligatory to have completed the GMAT/GRE test before application. In our online application system you can indicate the approximate test date.
Exemptions from the GMAT/GRE requirement
The following students do not need to submit the GMAT/GRE test score:
- Students with a relevant Bachelor’s degree from Aix-Marseille university, University of Turku, or the Tilburg University.
- Students with a relevant Bachelor’s degree:
- from one of our partner institutions (check the link for a complete overview per country) in Europe and the world, or
- from specific partner universities in The Netherlands.
English language proficiency
You need to prove your proficiency in English by submitting the results of one of these tests:
- TOEFLwith a minimum score of 575 (paper-based) / 233 (computer-based) / 90-91 (internet-based).
The TOEFL institutional code for Tilburg University is 9860.
- Academic IELTS score with a minimum of 6.5 score overall and a minimum score of 6.0 on individual parts of the test.
- Cambridge English test results: C1 advanced (formerly CAE)or C2 proficiency (formerly CPE). For both C1 and C2, we accept a score of A, B or C.
An English proficiency test is not required if:
- You are an English native speaker, i.e. if you are a citizen of, or have obtained your university education in English for at least three years in one of the following countries:
Australia, Canada (with exception of Quebec), New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland and the United States of America.
For all other countries and situations, the English language test is compulsory.
The application process
Required documents in all situations
The IMMIT Admission Board will start the assessment of your application only after receiving the complete set of the following documents:
- A copy of your passport;
- A certified copy of your Bachelor or Master degree;
- A short description of all the courses;
- An official copy of the GMAT/GRE General test (if applicable). It is not obligatory to have completed the GMAT test before application. In our online application system you can indicate the approximate test date.
- English proficiency test;
- Statement of purpose or motivation letter (max. 2 pages A4);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Optional: Two letters of recommendation (in English).
To complete your application, please create an account on the website of IAE Aix-Marseille. In this system you can upload your:
- Motivation letter and CV;
- English proficiency test results;
- GMAT/GRE (if applicable) or the approximate test date;
- Transcript of records;
- Passport copy.
Within this system you can also send electronic requests to the people that will write your academic and professional recommendations. We recommend to use this function in order to guarantee the confidentiality and authenticity of their references.
The IMMIT Admission Board will review all incoming applications
After application you are invited for an online interview.
- Within 4 to 6 weeks after receiving your complete application package, you will receive the admission decision of the IMMIT Admission Board by email. In many cases this decision is known and communicated before this timeframe.
- In case of positive admissions decision, you will receive a (conditional) promisory note.
Conditionally accepted means that you are admitted to the Master's program, provided that you send the originals or certified copies of your documents.
Once you decide to accept the offer, you should send all the original/certified copies of the required documents.
After your registration, you will be notified and need to confirm your enrollment before you can start with the program.